Sunday, February 22, 2009

The weekend...

Saturday was ... interesting. I was hoping to get heaps done - wedding dress fitting, visiting my grandfather and a makeup trial with a very generous friend but the only thing I got done was the wedding dress fitting. It was actually more than just a dress fitting - we ended up making a petticoat on the spot. I spent most of the day putting my wedding shoes on and standing (or wobbling) on a phonebook with my uncle (dressmaker) and my mum poking and prodding at me! We fixed my corset as it was doing a rather poor job of enhancing the cleavage area of the dress, fixed the neck line of the dress and shortened the train. I want simple and understated but unfortunately my dear uncle is more of the princess poof and cathedral train kind of dressmaker. He's probably very disappointed but simple and understated is my style. My mum reminded him that I'm not a dress kind of girl - I'm a pants and jeans kind of girl. I'm going to struggle with the little train I've got!

Seeing the dress up there on the hanger - it was pretty scary! It suddenly struck me hard that this is really really happening ... that in less than 2 months I will have a different name and legally "belong" to someone else! Scary scary stuff! But exciting too I have to admit. Can't wait for the big party that I'm sure my reception will be. At last count - 100 people have RSVP'd in the affirmative! Wow! I designed and hand made all my invites and am doing the same for my table numbers and placecards. They look great but god that is going to be a lot of work!

I hope the rain we've been having will result in a garden boost - the most I've done is go and pull some grass out from between my lettuces.

No comments: